Wednesday, April 22, 2009

80's flashback video, revisited.

Today, Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine took me to a certain time when I was driving by myself from Wisconsin to California, enroute to my second duty assignment of many. The journey was undertaken in my 1984 Audi 5000S Turbo, sucking down Jolt Cola and playing music non-stop. I did the trip in 3 days, not a record but less time than the Air Force alloted, giving me a couple days of extra time to get settled in at my new squadron near Sacramento. I distinctly remember some huge forest fires in the Utah/Nevada border region, and they turned the nighttime sky an eerie orange for many, many miles on both sides of the Interstate. I was thinking to myself that they could really use some rain out here, and of course the Cult tape in the deck starts into Rain.

The Cult - Rain


No DeLorean for me, but the 80s weren't so bad after all.

No comments: