Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's that time of year again!

My basil plants started late, but have gone absolutely nuts. I figure it's all thanks to the mix of Miracle Gro, sterilized cow manure, and top soil that they're planted in.  The plants have some leaves that are the size of tea saucers, so I couldn't wait any longer.  I mean, just look at 'em!

 It's no surprise that Wisconsin has an abundance of mozzarella cheese.  My tomatoes aren't quite ready yet, but I found some nice heirloom varieties at the local Piggly Wiggly.  A little garlic, some extra virgin olive oil, and I had a Caprese Salad fit for a king!

I will at some point add a balsamic vinegar reduction to the mix.  That will happen later, because I'm not exactly suffering with what I have already.  Well, that, and I already eated it...

No comments: