Sunday, April 01, 2007

I could barely hear the tornado sirens tonight.

Sometimes, one digs through their music collection and pulls out a blast from the past.

Tonight, it was Queensryche (remember them?), the album Q2K, and the four 6550C pentode tubes were doing yeoman duty driving two 10" woofers and their companion Heil Air Motion Transformers to brilliant presence via the Sacred Ground track.

I disremember who said it, but long ago I was told "if a drummer ain't sweatin', he ain't doin' it right". All I know is that Queensryche co-founder and drummer Scott Rockenfield must've been sweating his arse off when recording Sacred Ground. There's some serious punch in that track, and the rest of the album ain't too shabby, either.

I'll wager John Bonham would approve.

Oh, yeah, we did have tornado warnings and sightings throughout the evening. I finally heard the sirens during a quiet passage between songs, and headed for the basement. Which reminds me, I need a decent stereo system down there...

No comments: